I have a big issue with procrastination. Like I once wrote a 10 page paper on pregnancy discrimination for my Civil Rights Seminar in less than a day, starting at 6am and turning it in at 3 that same day. I got an A on that paper. It fueled the procrastination, that I was able to do that paper in that quick of a time and get an A. So then when it came time to write my last paper of University, I did the same thing and had the same result, an A. And this procrastination and the idea that it is going to turn out alright has followed me into post grad.
So here it is: I am promising you, the lovely people who read this on the internet, that I am not going to procrastinate at all on this blog. I am going to figure out how to make it as pretty as the WordPress theme live demo looked, I am going to get a post up everyday till December 1st (even Saturday and Sundays so tune in!), and I am going to hopefully spark some ideas with my posts in your lovely heads as well. Oh! And I’ll figure out how to add pictures for you all to see what I am experiencing. It can’t be that hard right?
Here is the list of the accomplishments I want under my belt by December:
- All the stuff I just said about the blog.
- I have to get my law school apps under control, along with the final month of LSAT prep (any other law school applicants with me on this one?)
- Pull the trigger on buying an outdoor chair/set/something so I can enjoy my balcony
- Finish the 3 books I’ve bought over the last month (The Magnolia Story, America’s First Daughter, and Alexander Hamilton)Feel free to laugh at my book choices, it is very much a mix of political science major and HTGV addict (2 ways I would describe myself to someone).
- Explore the downtown of the city I just moved to, San Luis Obispo!
I hope I get to know you all better! Comment what you want to accomplish over the next month or so; it’s a great way to hold yourself accountable and I’ll add any tips that I can think of to help you. Or sympathize about how I probably have to do that too.